Schedule of events
WESTERN MATERIALS HANDLING & BUSINESS FORE CALGARY KIDS FOUNDATION GOLF TOURNAMENT
AT THE GLENCOE GOLF & COUNTRY CLUB
In support of
Between Friends * Distress Centre * N Step
SCHEDULE OF EVENTS
Thank you for helping us support the Kids of Calgary`
The schedule for the day will be as follows:
9:00 am – REGISTRATION DESK OPENS and Closes at 10:30
10:30 am – Welcome & Depart for Starting Holes
11:00 am Sharp – Shotgun Begins
4:30 pm – Dinner, Live/Silent Auction & Prizes
PACE OF PLAY
We are targeting a pace of play at four hours and 30 minutes for an 18-hole round of golf on a fully occupied Meadows. It is every foursome responsibility to keep their pace of play targeting to reach this objective!
We are expecting all players to RAKE ALL BUNKERS, REPAIR ALL BALL MARKS and SAND FILL ALL DIVOTS after playing their ball. Bunker rakes should be left outside the bunkers and parallel to the bunker edge.
Lightning is a severe safety hazard.
- Players will be warned of lightning in the area by the Glencoe’s Thor Guard prediction system which sounds a police siren blast signaling suspension of play. All players should leave their respective holes and either return to the Clubhouse or go to an on-course shelter (concessions or restrooms).
- When the horn sounds to suspend play, all starting tees are closed immediately until all clear signal, determined by the Thor Guard system, is given as indicated by three blasts. Play on the golf course is suspended as well, and if the players choose to continue, they will be doing so at their own risk and against the advice of the Club. Consequently, they are considered out of order and the players going back out after the all clear signal shall get the right to their original position on the golf course at the time of play suspension.
- To repeat, three short blasts of the horns will indicate it is safe to resume your position on the golf course.
Acceptable Golf Attire Defined
- Pants/Shorts/Skorts/Skirts that are in good repair. It is advised that shorts/ skorts/skirts sold in the Club’s golf shop or major golf retailers would meet both the style requirements and the length of “reasonable standard” regardless of brand and/or fit differentials on different body types.
- For Men, golf shirts with sleeves and collars are required. Shirts must be tucked in at the waist at all times unless designed to be worn untucked. *
- For Ladies, shirts may have sleeves or a collar but must have one or the other. Tank top styles are not permitted.
- Golf footwear with soft spikes or laced athletic running shoes on the golf courses are acceptable. All other styles of footwear would be considered unacceptable.
- Defined as buttoned from collar to hem, hemmed and evenly cut around the bottom.
- There will only be access to the clubhouse thru the front entrance and Banquet room entrance.
- The check in, registration and bag drop area will be at the lowest level of the parking lot beside the Pitching area.
If you have any questions, please contact Pamela Kennedy @ Pam.email@example.com
IT’S GOING TO BE A FANTASTIC DAY